Making A Purchase – Making a purchase is simple. Just browse our website, and add any items that you wish to buy into the basket. After you have finished your selection, click on ‘Checkout’ and you will be asked for a few personal details that we need in order to process your order.
We accept most credit and debit cards as well as PayPal. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped.If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping basket, contact us and we will correct the mistake for you.
When confirmation of your order is received on your email, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to make sure that the new price is ok.
Terms of Trading
- Our quotations are valid for 30 days.
- The price quoted excludes VAT (unless otherwise stated). VAT will be charged at the rate applying at the time of delivery.
- At any time before delivery we may adjust the price to reflect any increase in our costs.
- The price quoted excludes delivery.
- Unless otherwise stated, the price quoted is an illustrative estimate only and the price charged will be our price
current at the time of delivery.
- If we fail to deliver within a reasonable time, you may (by informing us in writing) cancel the contract, however:
- You may not cancel if we receive your notice after the goods have been dispatched; and
- If you cancel the contract, you can have no further claim against us under that contract.
- Any time or date we give you for delivery are estimates only (unless you pay an agreed charge for guaranteed delivery by a certain time).
- If you accept delivery of the goods after an estimated delivery time, it will be on the basis that you have no claim against us for delay (including indirect or consequential loss, or increase in the price of the goods).
- If delivery of the goods is made after a guaranteed delivery time you may not reject the goods. Our liability to you for delay will be limited to:
- Refunding the charge for guaranteed delivery; or
- Assigning to you the benefit of any claim we may have against our carrier.
- We may deliver the goods in instalments. Each instalment is treated as a separate contract.
- You are to pay us in cash or otherwise in cleared funds on delivery, unless you have an approved credit account.
- If you have an approved credit account, payment is due no later than 30 days after the date of our invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- We may accept payment by other methods (such as credit/debit cards), but a charge may apply.
- If you fail to pay us in full on the due date:
- We may suspend or cancel future deliveries;
- We may cancel any discount offered to you;
- You must pay us interest at the rate set under s.6 of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998a calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our invoice until payment;b compounded on the first day of each month; andc before and after any judgment (unless a court orders otherwise);
- We may claim fixed sum compensation from you under s.5A of that Act to cover our credit control overhead costs; and
- We may recover (under clause 5.8) the cost of taking legal action to make you pay.
- If you have an approved credit account, we may withdraw it or reduce your credit limit or bring forward your due date for payment. We may do any of those at any time without notice.
- You do not have the right to set off any money you may claim from us against anything you may owe us.
- While you owe money to us, we have a lien on any of your property in our possession.
- You are to indemnify us in full and hold us harmless from all expenses and liabilities we may incur (directly or indirectly including financing costs and including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) following any breach by you of any of your obligations under these terms.
Delivery and safety
- We may decline to deliver if:
- We believe that it would be unsafe, unlawful or unreasonably difficult to do so; or
- The premises (or the access to them) are unsuitable for our vehicle.
- The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Delivery takes place either:
- At our premises (or our manufacturer’s premises)(if you are collecting them or arranging carriage); or
- At your premises (if we are arranging carriage).
- You must inspect the goods on delivery. If any goods are damaged (or not delivered), you must write to tell us within five working days of delivery (or the expected delivery time). You must give us (and any carrier) a fair chance to inspect the damaged goods.
- If we prepare the goods in accordance with your specifications or instructions:
- You must ensure that the specifications or instructions are accurate.
- You must ensure that goods prepared in accordance with those specifications or instructions will be fit for the purpose for which you intend to use them.
- We reserve the right to make any changes in the specifications of our goods which are necessary to ensure they conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements.
- We also reserve the right to make without notice any minor modifications in our specifications we think necessary or desirable.
- Until you pay all debts you may owe us:
- All goods supplied by us remain our property;
- You must store them so that they are clearly identifiable as our property;
- You must insure them (against the risks for which a prudent owner would insure them) and hold the policy on trust for us;
- You may use those goods and sell them in the ordinary course of your business, but not if:a. we revoke that right (by informing you in writing); orb. you become insolvent.
- You must inform us (in writing) immediately if you become insolvent.
- If your right to use and sell the goods ends you must allow us to remove the goods.
- We have your permission to enter any premises where the goods may be stored:
- At any time, to inspect them; and
- After your right to use and sell them has ended, to remove them, using reasonable force if necessary.
- Despite our retention of title to the goods, we have the right to take legal proceedings to recover the price of goods supplied should you not pay us by the due date.
- You are not our agent. You have no authority to make any contract on our behalf or in our name.
- We warrant that the goods:
- Comply with their description on our delivery note; and (as long as you comply with clause 7.3)
- Are free from material defect at the time of delivery and (unless we tell you that they are subject to a limited warranty) will remain so for 12 months from that time.
- We give no other warranty (and exclude any warranty, term or condition that would otherwise be implied) as to the quality of the goods or their fitness for any purpose.
- If you believe that we have delivered goods which are defective in materials or workmanship, you must:
- Inform us (in writing), with full details, as soon as possible; and
- Allow us to investigate (we may need access to your premises and product samples).
- If the goods are found to be defective in material or workmanship (following our investigations, and you have complied with those conditions (in clause 7.3) in full, we will (at our option) replace the goods or refund the price.
- We are not liable for any other loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss, financial loss, loss of profits or loss of use) arising from the contract or the supply of goods or their use, even if we are negligent.
- Our total liability to you (from one single cause) for damage to property caused by our negligence is limited to £2,000,000.
- For all other liabilities not referred to elsewhere in these terms our liability is limited in damages to the price of the goods.
- Nothing in these terms restricts or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.